We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|— Clarke and Bellamy vow to stop the Primes|
- Russell Lightbourne: "You're guilty of attempting to assassinate a Prime and spreading blasphemous rumors. The punishment for this is death, but we can be merciful. Your friend Jordan saved the life of Priya VII. Hallowed by her name."
- Sanctumites: "Hallowed be her name."
- Russell Lightbourne: "She's seen to his ongoing recovery personally. Because your crimes were committed to save your people, I will offer you a chance for mercy as well. But you have to earn it, starting by telling us who else you talked to other than Tai."
- Echo: "No one. It was just him. Too bad you can't ask him who he told."
- Ryker Desai: "The man murdered a Prime. Maybe you should take this a little more seriously."
- Echo: "That wasn't murder. Simone Prime, hallowed be her name, will be back. The life taken to make that happen will be murder."
- Russell Lightbourne: "The life taken to make that happen will be yours. (to Ryker) Take her to the machine shop. Test Abby's bone marrow formula. (to Echo) If it works and turns you into a host, then it will be your great honor to become one with Simone Prime. Hallowed be her name."
- All but Echo and John Murphy: "Hallowed be her name."
- Ryker Desai: "I've never performed that procedure before. You know that."
- Russell Lightbourne: "And I never asked you to, but I'm asking you now. You're trained for this. We all are. And we can no longer afford our moral equivocations, but this is how we get our family back. (Ryker nods reluctantly) Good. Call for me when it's done. I wanna be there for the resurrection."
- John Murphy (to Echo in Trigedasleng): "We're going to the machine shop... to get Becca's book. Stay alive until we get there! Now act like you hate me!"
- Echo (as she's getting dragged away): "Murphy, you traitor! I'll kill you! You've always been a traitor. You've always been a filthy --"
- John Murphy: "So who do I get to be?"
- Russell Lightbourne: "You're a slippery one, John. Always playing both sides of the fence. I doubt you've ever done anything that didn't redound to your own benefit."
- John Murphy: "Come on. Now, that's just mean."
- Russell Lightbourne: "Don't get me wrong. I like that about you."
- John Murphy: "Oh, you do, huh?"
- Russell Lightbourne: "It means I can trust you as long as what I'm asking has something in it for you."
- John Murphy: "And what are you asking?"
- Russell Lightbourne: "According to Jade, my daughter is still alive, or was last night. I need you to bring her home. If you can do this, then you and your girlfriend have your immortality after all."
- John Murphy: "And if I say no?"
- Russell Lightbourne: "You won't. If you fail, however, or do something that keeps my daughter from her place at my side, then I will be forced to take an eye for an eye."
- John Murphy: "Immortality or mortality. It seems fair."
- Russell Lightbourne: "Not your eye, John. Emori's. You have till second moon."
- Octavia Blake: "Uh, Gabriel, your friends are here. Don't shoot. We're on the same side. Bellamy, gun down."
- Nelson: "Same side, huh? He was with Josephine in the cave. (Clarke emerges) Hey, hey. It's her -- Josephine Prime. Raise your weapons."
- Bellamy Blake: "No, no, no."
- Nelson: "Take her down."
- Octavia Blake: "Gabriel, we could use a little help." (Gabriel emerges)
- Layla (removing her mask): "Xavier? (Gabriel moves into the line of fire) Xavier, brother, get out of the way."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Layla, it's ok. Nelson, put the weapon down. All of you, weapons down. That's an order."
- Nelson: "You don't give orders. Where's the Old Man? Layla, search the tent."
- Gabriel Santiago: "The Old Man is dead. So is Xavier."
- Nelson: "On your knees. (Gabriel complies and Nelson sees the Mind Drive scar) Gabriel." (Gabriel nods)
- Nelson: "Explain."
- Gabriel Santiago: "I didn't want this. I loved Xavier like a son. You know that."
- Layla: "Don't say his name."
- Nelson: "Layla, if you can't handle this, maybe you should wait outside."
- Layla: "I'm fine. I need to hear this."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Eduardo brought me back without my consent."
- Nelson: "Eduardo's been dead for ten years, killed by Sanctum Guards around the time the Old Man disappeared."
- Gabriel Santiago: "It wasn't the Sanctum Guards."
- Layla: "Ten years? He's been lying to us for ten years, letting me call him brother?"
- Nelson: "He's still our leader."
- Layla: "No. He's a traitor and a Prime. He could've told us the truth, but instead, he let us think we were abandoned. Now, give me back the gun and let me end this once and for all."
- Bellamy Blake: "Wait. If this is what you really want, at least wait until he delivers the bomb."
- Clarke Griffin: "What are you talking about?"
- Layla: "Shut up."
- Bellamy Blake: "I'm talking about weaponized Red Sun toxin. Gabriel's a Nightblood. He can walk it right through the shield and deploy it. Once it's in the air, he finds our friend Raven. She'll bring the shield down for the rest of us. We use the chaos of the evacuation to rescue our people. You kill the Primes. That's how this ends."
- Nelson: "It's a good plan."
- Layla: "Oh, come on. You trust them just like that?"
- Nelson: "No. But I will... (draws his sword) when he kills Josephine Prime."
- Clarke Griffin: "I'm not Josephine."
- Gabriel Santiago: "It's true. Josephine's gone. I took the Mind Drive out myself."
- Layla: "He's protecting her. How much more proof that he's a traitor do we need?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "No. (Nelson turns to Clarke) If you kill her yourself, I won't build you the bomb. (Nelson concedes) Good. First, we gather the toxin. There's a cave on the way to the Anomaly."
- Layla: "You're not going anywhere. Neither is your long-lost friend."
- Octavia Blake: "We can do it. Just tell us what to look for."
- Gaia: "Sometimes we have to disobey in order to transcend."
- Gaia: "Mistakes are forgivable. Not learning from them is not."
- Gabriel Santiago: "A device like this was one of the reasons I left. I wouldn't build Russell his bomb, and here I am building one for you. Never mind me. I'm rambling. Your friends should be at the cave by now. You know, it's too bad they took an anti-toxin. That is one sibling relationship that could use a good guided hallucination."
- Layla: "Yeah. Be a shame if one of them was murdered before they worked it out."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Layla, I'm --"
- Layla: "Don't you dare apologize. This bomb. If the Primes have one, then why haven't they used it on us?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "I don't know. Probably because turning us into raging killers isn't in their best interest."
- Layla: "Then what's it for?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "Josephine and Simone were intrigued by a pattern in the visions of those who survived being caught out in the eclipse. Despite my best efforts to stop them, they started leaving test subjects outside to study it. Now, not surprisingly, believers in the divinity of the Primes invariably reported seeing us as gods or as angels. What interested the Lightbournes more was that the aggression response of the faithful was almost always aimed at the less devout."
- Clarke Griffin: "Believers killing nonbelievers."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Uh-huh."
- Layla: "I swear on my brother's memory, if you betray us, I will kill you." (Gabriel nods in sad acceptance)
- Clarke Griffin: "Josephine was right. This is Mount Weather all over again. That bomb won't just cause chaos. It'll cause a massacre. There has to be a better way than using a massacre as a distraction to get the shield down."
- Gabriel Santiago: "Look, if you're worried about your people, they'll be fine. Put in wall restraints to fend for themselves as soon as the early warning system is triggered and evacuation begins."
- Clarke Griffin: "I told you, I'm not just worried about -- the early warning system. The insects are affected by the toxin first. That's why they're in tanks all over Sanctum."
- Gabriel Santiago: "I'm aware. It was my idea. What's your point?"
- Clarke Griffin: "We use less of the toxin -- enough to affect the bugs but not the people. Just enough to trigger the evacuation. Can you do that?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "Yes. But without the chaos, I won't have time to take the shield down. Your people will still be prisoners, and the Primes will still be Primes. We will kill some bugs, though."
- Clarke Griffin: "So we take down the shield first."
- Gabriel Santiago: "First, as in before the evacuation, while everyone's still at home? Look, Clarke, I don't mean to be rude, but --"
- Clarke Griffin: "Josephine could do it. Think you can get your Children to let me go with you?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "It's doubtful. They're not gonna like it. Neither is Bellamy."
- Clarke Griffin: "We got this, Gabriel."
- Bellamy Blake: "What do you want me to say, O?"
- Octavia Blake: "Say I'm your sister."
- Bellamy Blake: "You're my sister. But you're not my responsibility. Not anymore."
- Azgeda warrior: "Sangedakru is expecting a girl named Echo."
- Queen Nia (to Ash): "Congratulations, Echo. Don't let me down. Get her ready."
- Echo: "I guess you could say I've been wiped before."
- Ryker Desai: "I'm sorry that happened to you."
- Echo: "I didn't tell you that just so you don't kill me. I told you to spare you from what happens if you do."
- Ryker Desai: "I'm sure you're right... Ash. Killing you would haunt me, but so would not killing you. We both know what would happen to Sanctum if I let you go. I'm sorry."
- Echo: "Took you long enough."
- Gaia: "We came for the notebook. We didn't know or we would've -- (in Trigedasleng after seeing Echo's bleeding wrists) You're a Nightblood..."
- Echo (killing Ryker): "Hesitation is death."
- Bellamy Blake: "What do you mean you're not building a bomb?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "Releasing it in the water will cause it to aerosolize at a lower concentration. We'll trigger an evacuation without inducing a mass psychosis."
- Clarke Griffin: "In other words, no innocent people die."
- Octavia Blake: "How long until they realize there's no eclipse and turn around?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Not long enough. We'll need to be inside before it starts, which means --"
- Bellamy Blake: "Which means the shield needs to be down before it starts."
- Octavia Blake: "Can you do that without a distraction?"
- Bellamy Blake: "It wouldn't be him."
- Clarke Griffin: "Bellamy, it's the only way."
- Octavia Blake: "What is?"
- Clarke Griffin: "I go as Josephine."
- Bellamy Blake: "It's not the only way. We use the bomb as planned. Risking your life when we don't have to is just --"
- Clarke Griffin: "Is how we do better. What would Monty do?"
- Bellamy Blake: "Clarke, if you fail, if Russell figures out that his daughter is dead, all our people are dead, too."
- Clarke Griffin: "So I won't fail."
- Octavia Blake: "Bellamy, if we can spare innocent lives, we should."
- Jade: "Josephine?" (Clarke nods and Jade cuts her free)
- Clarke Griffin: "Well done, Jade. You just can't pick a side, can you, John?"
- John Murphy: "The only reason I'm doing this is because Emori dies if I don't. (to Bellamy) Echo's in trouble, too. I promise I'll do what I can for her."
- Jade: "Give us two seconds to make sure it's clear, then follow." (turns on an awakening Layla)
- Clarke Griffin: "No. This one's mine. Go. Make sure it's clear."
- John Murphy: "Is she really gone this time?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Yes. Boo-hoo. Now, as soon as I pull this trigger, your little decoy trick will fail. You better run."
- Clarke Griffin: "I can do this."
- Bellamy Blake: "Get that shield down. I'll bring the cavalry."
- Clarke Griffin: "For Monty."
- Bellamy Blake: "For Monty."
Notes and Trivia
- This is the third episode of the series to be directed by a member of the main cast.
- This is the last episode to be written by Charmaine DeGraté.
- It's revealed that Gabriel has been posing as Xavier for ten years.
- Jordan Green is confirmed to have survived his injuries after he was stabbed by Madi in "The Old Man and the Anomaly."
- Though never discussed in the episode, Echo most likely would've survived the mind wipe if she hadn't been rescued by Miller and Gaia. Like Clarke, Echo also took the Key to the City of Light and would thus also have the neural mesh that protected Clarke.
- Sangedarkru spy (shot in the back with an arrow by Queen Nia)
- The real Echo (stabbed with an arrow by Ash)
- Ryker Desai IX (stabbed by Echo)
Behind the Scenes
- This episode marks Richard Harmon's 60th episode on The 100.
- It's named after Echo's birth name Ash.
- Prior to the airing there were rumors that Echo would finally die in this episode however that turned out not to be the case because only Milli Wilkinson's version of Echo was killed off in the flashback.
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|
|This section is empty. Please help The 100 Wiki by adding information here.|