|“||This land is ours now! Resist, and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down, remember it, just like the Grounders will remember it!||”|
|— Pike's post election speech to the Sky People [src]|
The Arkadian Civil War is an important event in The 100. The conflict consisted of two factions, one lead by Chancellor Charles Pike and another lead by former Chancellor Marcus Kane. As of the episode "Fallen", everyone in Pike's faction was either killed, turned over to Kane's faction, or became chipped. Most of the people who survived the conflict later joined a resistance to defeat A.L.I.E.. The conflict was resolved after members of Kane's faction succeeded in Pike's capture, and the latter was taken by the Grounders to Polis.
After the battle for the Mountain, the alliance with the Coalition fell apart and Arkadia maintained a fragile truce with Polis, they had to be cautious with all their decisions fearing repercussions, thus unable to make full use of Mount Weather supplies and facilities. Meanwhile, Farm Station survivors continued to be hunted in Azgeda lands despite the truce.
After three months of relative peace in Arkadia, Chancellor Griffin tried to pass the chancellorship pin back to Kane, however, they decided it is time to hold an election instead. Marcus Kane and several others finally came into contact with Farm Station survivors, four months after landing on Earth. Upon returning to camp, Pike moved half his people into the now-abandoned Mount Weather.
Upon settling into the Mountain, however, an assassin from Azgeda blew up Mount Weather, killing 49 people and leaving it uninhabitable (due to the loss of the Mountain resources Arkadia will be starving in less than a year). As a result of this most recent attack, many Sky People have lost faith in an alliance with the Grounders, with whom they have been in state of the perpetual conflict from the moment they landed on Earth.
The next day, the election was held. Pike won the election, allowing him to perpetuate an attack on the Coalition force outside Arkadia, massacring 300 Trikru warriors who sent to protect Arkadia from the Ice Nation.
- Main article: War Against A.L.I.E.
After Pike was defeated, Kane escorted him to Polis with other grounders to take to the new commander. When they arrived, however, A.L.I.E. had brainwashed most of the Grounders/Sky People to fight for her. The remaining members of Kane's faction with Charles Pike, formed a resistance that fought against A.L.I.E to destroy her, and succeeded in doing so, however, Pike was killed by Octavia as revenge for Lincoln's death.
- Chancellor Charles Pike†
- Bellamy Blake † (formerly, joined Kane's Faction)
- Hannah Green† (formerly, joined A.L.I.E.)
- Monty Green† (formerly, joined Kane's Faction)
- Shawn Gillmer†
- Briggs† (formerly, turned to A.L.I.E.'s Cult)
- Chase† (formerly, turned to A.L.I.E.'s Cult)
- Bryan † (formerly, joined Kane's Faction)
- Zoe Monroe†
- Arkadia Guard
- Majority of Arkadians (elected Pike, most later turned to A.L.I.E.'s Cult)
After Pike became Chancellor, he locked up all the ill Grounders and broke the agreement with the Coalition. Because of this, Kane created a small resistance force against Pike.
- Marcus Kane†
- Jacapo Sinclair†
- Nathan Miller
- Harper McIntyre†
- Octavia Blake
- Abigail Griffin† (formerly, turned to A.L.I.E.'s Cult)
- Monty Green†
- Bellamy Blake†
- Numerous unnamed Trikru warriors
- Zoe Monroe – Toxic smog created by Trikru villagers when Skaikru took their village.
- Lacroix – Toxic smog created by Trikru villagers when Skaikru took their village.
- Four Arkadia Guards - Killed by Grounders as part of Lexa's blockade
- Shawn Gillmer and two other Arkadia Guards – Killed during Pike's capture. Gillmer was stabbed by Octavia Blake.
- Lincoln – Executed by Pike for treason after causing a prison riot with the other prisoners as a distraction for Kane to capture Pike.
Additionally, 49 Sky People in Mount Weather and 299 Trikru warriors sent by Lexa were killed prior to the conflict and contributed to the divide among the Sky People. 2 Grounder messengers were also shot by Bellamy in Terms and Conditions.
Notes and Trivia
- Pike and Kane have fundamentally different world views, both crafted by their experiences on the ground.
- This is one of the two armed conflicts occurring concurrently in February 2150, the other being the War Against A.L.I.E.
- This is the second of the two known internal conflicts between Sky People, the first being Diana Sydney's Rebellion.
- During this conflict, a newly elected Chancellor Pike restores the Exodus Charter, which placed Arkadia under Martial Law.