The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin
- Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake (credit only)
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake
- Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes
- Richard Harmon as John Murphy (credit only)
- Tasya Teles as Echo
- Shannon Kook as Jordan Green
- JR Bourne as Sheidheda (credit only)
- Chuku Modu as Gabriel Santiago
- Shelby Flannery as Hope Diyoza (credit only)
Guest Starring Edit
- Jarod Joseph as Nathan Miller
- Ivana Milicevic as Charmaine Diyoza
- Erica Cerra as Becca Franko
- Jessica Harmon as Niylah
- Iola Evans as Callie Cadogan
- Adain Bradley as Reese Cadogan
- Leo Howard as August
- Craig Arnold as Tristan
- Crystal Balint as Grace Cadogan
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Bill Cadogan
- Neal McDonough as Anders
- Nicole Muñoz as Lucy
- Christin Park as Eriko
- Kathleen Duborg as August’s mom
- Chris Robson as August’s dad
- Theresa Wong as Eriko’s mom
- C. Douglas Quan as Eriko’s dad
- Stephanie Izsak as Hayden
- Yee Jee Tso as Cameron
- Donia Kash as Female Cipher Tech
- Alan Mak as Male Cipher Tech
- Wonser De-Gbon as Female Tech
- Xander Hall as Unit Guard
- Heather Feeney as Night Nurse
- Shawn Macdonald as Ragged Man
- Otto Szabo as Person Watching
- Kenya Jordan as Singer
- Benjamin Kim as Drummer #1
- Alexa Berard as Guitarist #2
- Peter Robinson as Musician #3
- Paul Kinman as Musician #4
- Bill Cadogan: "Is my daughter in the Key?"
- Jordan Green: "Is your daughter in where?"
- Gabriel Santiago: "The AI in Clarke's head, what you call the Flame, they call the Key."
- Bill Cadogan: "Becca said that it would merge with a human mind."
- Raven Reyes: "Becca?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Yes. He burnt her at the stake."
- Bill Cadogan: "Did Callie tell you that? You recognized my face. You know things that you couldn't know. You speak a language that she made up as a child. Calliope?"
- Callie Cadogan: "Ok. The scar on your neck. My guess, it's from a neural implant. Knowing your work with machine intelligence, I'd say there's an AI on it. Somehow, it heightened your senses, allowing you to hear the space ball, doing in 10 seconds something my dad couldn't do in 12 years. How am I doing so far?"
- Becca Franko: "More than adequate. The, uh, AI is my penance."
- Callie Cadogan: "Penance? For what?"
- Becca Franko: "In time. The program's name is A.L.I.E. 2, but I like to call it the Flame. It's, uh, an homage to --"
- Callie Cadogan: "Prometheus, stealing fire from the gods? Cool."
- Bill Cadogan "Where did you go?"
- Becca Franko: "We're not ready. I have to shut it down."
- Bill Cadogan: "What are you talking about?"
- Becca Franko: "If you saw what I saw, you would let me shut it down."
- Bill Cadogan: "Tell me what you saw and I might."
- Becca Franko: "Judgment Day."
- Bill Cadogan: "Judgment Day came and went and we're still here."
- Becca Franko: "Because that wasn't Judgment Day. Please you have to trust me and know that none of us is ready for this."
- Bill Cadogan: "I am."
- Becca Franco: "Especially not you."
- Callie Cadogan: "Dad, I think she came to you for a reason. It wasn't to open a bridge to another world, it was to help us remake this one."
- Bill Cadogan: "I will save us, not her. Now get out."
- Becca Franko: "There's more you need to know. Okay, without the blood alterations, the Flame will liquify the nervous system of the host rather than merge with it.
- Callie Cadogan: "That would be bad."
- Becca Franko: "Not as bad as what happens if it merges with the wrong nervous system. That's why you must choose wisely."
- Callie Cadogan: "I must?"
- Becca Franko: "Yes. I designed it to amplify what is already there and in the right mind I believe with all my heart that it can save the world. But with all that power in the wrong mind... You can't tell them the passphrase."
- Callie Cadogan: "If I don't, they'll kill you."
- Becca Franko: "I will be in the Flame. Get it back. Keep it safe. Promise me."
- Grace Cadogan: "There's not enough of you to survive on the ground."
- Callie Cadogan: "There will be. We've got enough doses for 2,000 more. If they're out there, we'll find them."
- Bill Cadogan: "Get me that AI. I don't care what you have to do."
- August: "You're not worried the fire's gonna draw attention?"
- Callie Cadogan: "I am. I'm also counting on it."
- Bill Cadogan: "Please answer me. Is she in there?"
- Clarke Griffin: "Yes. Calliope is in here. But that's not how it works."
- Bill Cadogan: "How does it work? Tell me."
- Clarke Griffin: "Well, you killed my best friend so I'm not sure I want to help you."
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode is a backdoor pilot for the prequel series.
- This is seventh episode that Bellamy Blake did not appear.
- Anaconda is the code word for "Missiles are in the air". Bill Cadogan tells this to Grace to warn her that the Nuclear Apocalypse has begun.
- The Key is revealed to be the Flame and Trigedasleng was created by Callie Cadogan as a child. Clarke appears to have been so important to the Disciples as she was known to have the Flame at one point. She claims that Callie's mind still exists, but doesn't elaborate as she is disinclined to help Cadogan.
- The destruction of Washington, DC during the Nuclear Apocalypse is shown in a flashback as is the destruction of Baltimore.
- The Anomaly Stone on Earth was discovered by Bill Cadogan in a hidden observatory beneath the Temple of the Sun in Machu Picchu and was subsequently stolen by him.
- 1,104 people made it into the Second Dawn Bunker when the Nuclear Apocalypse occurred, 92% of the Level 12's slated to survive there.
- The people who greeted Becca Franko in "Thirteen" are revealed to be a Second Dawn ground team that was scavenging in the ruins of Polis. The team included Tristan, Reese Cadogan and Callie Cadogan.
- The Anomaly Stone code to Bardo was deciphered by Becca Franko with the help of the Flame.
- The final symbol was the Infinity sign which Becca uses as the symbol for her company.
- Nightblood is shown to be able to cure terminal radiation exposure if injected into a person afflicted with it.
- Becca's notebook can be seen in the flashbacks and is mentioned to be what revealed the Flame's existence to the cult.
- Becca is seen storing it in the Nightblood case, possibly explaining how it ended up in the hands of the Grounders if the cultists put it back after reading through it.
- The name the Flame is revealed to have been chosen by Becca as an homage to Prometheus stealing fire from the gods and giving it to man.
- The name Nightblood was chosen by August, a friend of Callie's.
- Becca tells Callie that the Flame is the key to finding "the final code" and that once it is found, whatever is left of the human race will be wiped out in what she calls Judgment Day.
- When Becca mentions Judgment Day, Bill Cadogan believes that she means the Nuclear Apocalypse. Judgment Day is what the Nuclear Apocalypse is called in the Terminator series which was also caused by a rogue AI.
- Becca was killed by the Second Dawn in order to get the Flame as her notebook revealed that Becca's death would cause it to leave her.
- The Second Dawn appears to have renamed itself the Disciples by the time that Becca Franko was executed as Reese calls his men Disciples when they reenter the bunker.
- The Grounders are revealed to have been founded by Callie Cadogan and Second Dawn cultists she got to follow her and take Nightblood. Callie states that they have enough Nightblood for 2,000 more people when they find them.
- It is revealed that Trikru's name is presumably inspired by the name of the environmentalist group Tree Crew that August and Callie Cadogan belonged to before the Nuclear Apocalypse. The symbol of Trikru appears on August's tattoo and Lucy's t-shirt.
- It is unclear how much information the Disciples got from Echo, Diyoza, and Octavia as the people on Bardo seem to be unaware of the fact that the Flame was passed to Madi.
- It's highly possible that they didn't tell the Disciples about Madi having The Flame in order to protect her from them.
- While Callie and Lucy are talking at the beginning of the flashback, its mentioned on TV that the "Wallace Administration" sent the riot police to appease a Tree Crew protest. It may refer to the ancestors of the Wallace family in Mount Weather.
Body Count Edit
- 10.96 billion people (Nuclear Apocalypse caused by A.L.I.E.)
- 20 Second Dawn cultists (suicides over six months)
- Becca Franko (burned at the stake by Reese Cadogan and the Second Dawn)
Behind the Scenes Edit
- This episode marks Eliza Taylor's 90th episode on The 100.
- This episode has no teaser and instead opens with the title sequence.
- The footage of the nuclear missiles crisscrossing the Earth is reused footage from "Thirteen" as is some of the footage of Becca's landing on Earth.
- The news footage featuring Becca is made up of archive footage from "Thirteen" and "Nevermind."
- The song Someday by Flipsyde starts playing when Lucy turns off the volume of the TV and turns on the music.
- The song Into the Black by Chromatics is playing during the montage of Callie's faction leaving the bunker and the Disciples crossing to Bardo
See Also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.